Perform radiological duties in compliance with x-ray department and legal requirements. Help patients feel comfortable during the entire process. Perform selected nursing, administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management under the direction of a Physician. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual’s degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of the organization and respective state laws governing such action and activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred; must be able to read, write and speak English
- Basic computer knowledge, MS Word and MS Excel
- Customer Service Skills
- Certification or license in X-Ray Technology
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Develop and process radiological film.
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by Physician, PA, or NP. Maintain a repeat rate of two percent or less.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Log completed radiological procedures. Complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- Identify or scan reports as required.
- Maintain x-ray room, clean and stock necessary radiological supplies.
- Request, retrieve and track records to and from other departments or centers.
- Work closely with the Physician to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
- Makes suggestions to improve work methods.
- Trains new employees.