Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured and disabled persons under direction of a physician.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred; must be able to read, write and speak English
- One year experience in a clinical setting.
- Basic Computer skills
- Annual OSHA Training
- CPR Preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with daily patient flow.
- Greets patients and assigns exam room.
- Takes and records vital signs, weigh patients and report results.
- Recognizes abnormal vital signs and reports these immediately to podiatrist.
- Performs all procedures ordered by the podiatrist.
- Responsible for verifying that podiatrist orders.
- Prepares instrumental equipment for sterilization if needed.
- Assists podiatrist with examination as required and assists other staff members in providing patient care.
- Communicates observations of patient’s status to podiatrist.
- Complete all patient information on all forms given by podiatrist and instruct patient accordingly.
- Discharges patients as indicated by the podiatrist.
- Remains in work area until the physician has seen all patients.
- Responsible for ordering medical supplies according to the department needs.
- Checks equipment and supplies prior to use for function, inspection and expiration date.
- Reports malfunction of medical equipment and safety issues to supervisor.
- Complies with Infection Control and OSHA Regulations (biomedical waste, handling and disposal) for the practice as per regulations.
- Complies with HIPAA laws
- Obtain specimens in appropriate containers, labels correctly and processes requisitions with appropriate lab (contracted lab of patient’s insurance carrier).
- Maintain log for different procedures as required (Coumadin).
- Check medical records and obtains any pending results prior to patient’s appointment.
- Order supplies for nurse/lab station as necessary with supervisor approval.
- Keep exam rooms area clean at all times.
- Takes appropriate action to maintain a safe environment.