Provide the full scope of Podiatry services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients eighteen (18) years of age and above.
- Current Florida State Professional License
- Current D.E.A. Certificate
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
- ACLS or Advanced Life Support within 12 months of employment, if appropriate
- State of Florida Professional License
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as team lead for daily center team huddles to facilitate best-practice care patients.
- Oversee Medical Assistant in determining need for implementation of standing orders/preventive reminders.
- Obtain health history and perform physical examinations.
- Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Florida statute and professional practice guidelines.
- Promote use of generic medications through prescribing patterns.
- Avoid prescribing high-risk medications and suggest other alternatives to patients if requested.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at MBMG Medical Centers while staying in patients’ network.
- Review incoming reports, electronically or on paper, (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Assist in collecting data through patient tracking in order to facilitate patient outcome/population health data collection and analysis.
- Serves as a resource contact and information/education source to patients, families, providers, and/or staff.
- Identifies patients that may meet guidelines as vulnerable patients and suggests forwarding to case management services.
- Use effective communication skills to assist patient in self-management and behavior change.
- Suggest offering self-management tools to patients as appropriate.
- Return patient phone calls when timely clinical advice is required.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings such as daily huddles.
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested.
- Assist in outside medical public relations functions.
- Ensure that each patient receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every patient, maintaining solid medical services knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Promotes and reinforces patient centered medical home concepts related to medication management with patients and staff.
- Attends daily center team huddles to facilitate best-practice care of patients and their medications.
- Adhere to productivity standards and meet at least the minimum requirement.
- Complies with HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain work area clean and organized at all times.