Transports patients from place of origin to the appointments in a courteous and timely manner. Position requires a high commitment to service excellence.
- High School Diploma or GED; 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred; must be able to read, write and speak English.
- 1 years of driving experience required; patient transportation preferred
- Basic computer knowledge; MS Word and MS Excel, internet, document with Electronic Health Records and/or authorization system with minimal typing/spelling errors, send e-faxes and email.
- Strong people skill; independent decision making and customer service oriented.
- Minimum Driver’s License-Class E
- CDL preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confirm patients the day prior to the appointment and notify patient with approximate pick up time.
- Pick up and return of patients as per schedule.
- Stays in contact with office to report any change in schedule including any patient
- Assist patients to get in and out of the vehicle.
- Assist patients with wheelchair.
- Ensures the safety of all passengers.
- Works flexible shifts as work dictates.
- Deliveries, Holter monitors and miscellaneous pick-ups as needed.
- Transport patient to hospital or specialist office.
- Checks and maintains van daily and ensures that it is mechanically safe and clean.
- Report any incident or accidents to the supervisor and management immediately.
- Transport patients from place of origin to the Doctors appointments in courteous and timely manner.
- Position requires a high commitment to service excellence.
- Contact Patients by phone and arrange pick-up time.
- Prepare and make the route in an efficient way.
- Stays in contact with Transportation Supervisors via phone/tablet due to changes in schedule.
- Assist patients enter and exit vehicle; operates lift gate to facilitate transport of wheelchair patients.
- Maintain daily log of mileage, number of trips, passengers and destinations.
- Participate in educational trainings.
- Works flexible extended hours as work dictate.
- Check and maintains van daily and ensure that it is mechanically safe and clean.